United need to generate funds from sales before making their next moves. Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat and Nice defender Jean-Clair Todibo are among their targets.
United have also discussed Everton’s Amadou Onana and Leeds United’s Tyler Adams but talks have not progressed.
Van de Beek remains in talks over a move to Real Sociedad, West Ham are still keen on Maguire while Bailly has offers from Saudi clubs. Galatasaray’s pursuit of Fred has so far fallen short but Fulham remain interested along with Saudi clubs.
Meanwhile, United’s plans to sell some goalkeepers have been put on hold following Nathan Bishop’s sale to Sunderland and a knee injury for teenager Radek Vitek.
United had lined up moves for Matej Kovar, Tom Heaton, Bishop, Vitek and Dean Henderson but now only Bishop and possibly Henderson look set to depart in the short term. Bishop’s exit and Vitek’s injury leave cover for Andre Onana minimal. United want two more goalkeepers but funds are limited.
• United want to sell Van de Beek, Fred, Maguire and Bailly to generate funds
• Amrabat and Todibo are targets but talks over Onana and Adams have not progressed
• Van de Beek is in talks over a move to Real Sociedad
• Maguire has interest from West Ham, Bailly from Saudi clubs and Fred from Galatasaray and Fulham
• United’s plans to sell goalkeepers have been disrupted by injuries and Bishop’s sale
• Only Henderson and possibly Kovar now look set to leave in the short term
• United want two more goalkeepers but funds are limited