The 23-year-old denies the claims and is currently being investigated by police in Brazil and England after Gabriela Cavallin alleged he assaulted her on multiple occasions in 2022 and earlier this year.
In an initial statement, Antony said Cavallin’s allegations were “false”, but he has since denied assaulting any woman in an interview with Brazilian TV.
Period of absence
While most Man United players are expected back at Carrington training ground on Monday after the international break, Antony will be absent.
In a joint statement, the club said it was a “mutual decision” for Antony to “delay his return until further notice” to deal with the allegations.
United added: “As a club, we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation.”
Antony also said in a statement that he agreed to the break “to avoid distraction to my teammates and unnecessary controversy for the club.” He maintained his innocence and pledged full cooperation with police.
Dropped from Brazil
It is unclear when Antony will feature for United again. He has also been removed from Brazil’s squad for their upcoming international fixtures this month.
United signed Antony for €100m from Ajax in August, with the forward penning a contract until 2027. But these allegations have cast doubt over his immediate future at Old Trafford.