Liverpool is set to return to Premier League action this weekend as they face West Ham, but there are still question marks surrounding the fitness of several key players. Despite their recent 3-1 victory over LASK in the Europa League, manager Jurgen Klopp will need to carefully consider the condition of his squad when selecting the starting lineup.
The Reds have been on a winning streak, securing five consecutive victories, and they will be eager to maintain that momentum on Sunday. However, both short-term and long-term injury issues continue to plague the team, which complicates Klopp’s selection process. Additionally, the quick turnaround from Thursday’s European fixture means further adjustments may be necessary.
Here is an overview of the players’ availability for the upcoming match:
1. Virgil van Dijk (suspension) – available: The star defender is set to make his Premier League return after serving a two-game ban following a red card against Newcastle.
2. Ryan Gravenberch (cramp) – doubt: Gravenberch’s full debut was cut short against LASK due to cramp, and it remains uncertain whether he will be fit to feature against West Ham.
3. Trent Alexander-Arnold (hamstring) – doubt: Alexander-Arnold, who has been recovering from a hamstring injury sustained in the match against Aston Villa, did not train with the squad on Wednesday and remains a doubt for the upcoming fixture.
4. Thiago Alcantara (hip) – unavailable: Thiago has yet to make an appearance this season due to a hip injury that has sidelined him since April. He was also absent from Wednesday’s training session.
5. Conor Bradley (back) – unavailable: Bradley is expected to be out until at least November as he continues to recover from a long-term back issue.
The availability of Gravenberch and Alexander-Arnold will depend on their respective recoveries, and Klopp will need to assess their fitness levels before making any final decisions. Meanwhile, Liverpool’s squad for the West Ham match will include the likes of Alisson, Van Dijk, Robertson, Salah, and Jota, among others.
As Liverpool prepares to face West Ham, Klopp will have to carefully manage his squad’s fitness and make necessary adjustments to ensure they maintain their winning form. The team’s depth will be tested, and players will need to step up to fill the void left by those who are unavailable or doubtful for the match.
Liverpool’s available squad vs. West Ham
Goalkeepers: Alisson, Kelleher, Adrian, Jaros, Pitaluga
Defenders: Van Dijk, Konate, Matip, Gomez, Quansah, Robertson, Trent Alexander-Arnold*, Tsimikas
Midfielders: Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gravenberch*, Endo, Elliott, Jones, Bajcetic, Clark
Forwards: Salah, Gakpo, Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Doak